How To Get Help

Financial assistance from Oilfield Helping Hands is available to anyone who meets our criteria. In order to be considered as a potential OHH recipient, you must first download and complete an application.

To qualify for assistance, applicants must either work for one of our corporate members or live and/or work within one of the areas covered by an OHH chapter: 

  • Acadiana – 22 parishes that are considered Acadiana (Acadia, Ascension, Assumption, Avoyelles, Calcasieu, Cameron, Evangeline, Iberia, Iberville, Jefferson Davis, Lafayette, Lafourche, Pointe Coupee, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, Terrebonne, Vermillion, W. Baton Rouge)
  • Houston – Houston/Harris County and seven surrounding counties (Fort Bend, Chambers, Montgomery, Liberty, Brazoria, Galveston, Waller)
  • Oklahoma – entire state 
  • Permian – 21 counties in west Texas & 2 in east New Mexico (Gaines, Dawson, Borden, Andrews, Martin, Howard, Loving, Winkler, Ector, Midland, Glasscock, Sterling, Coke, Ward, Crane, Upton, Reagan, Irion, Tom Green, Crockett, Schleicher, TX and Lea & Eddy, NM.)
  • Rocky Mountain – Colorado, Utah, Wyoming
  • South Texas – Texas counties of Kinney, Uvalde, Medina, Bexar, Gonzales, Lavaca, Maverick, Zavala, Dimmit, Frio, La Salle, Atascosa, McMullen, Wilson, Karnes, DeWitt, Goliad, Victoria Jackson, Live Oak, Bee, Refugio, Calhoun, Webb, Duval, Jim Wells, Aransas, San Patricio, Nueces, Kleberg, Zapata, Jim Hogg, Brooks, Kenedy, Starr, Hidalgo, Willacy, and Cameron
  • Corporate members – Employees of corporate members who live and/or work in the United States are eligible for assistance if they meet the other qualifying criteria.

The applicant must have a minimum of five years of work experience in the E&P sector of the energy industry, and at least 75 percent of their income must have been derived from that employment.  Employment will be verified.

All applications must be submitted to the Selection Committee Chair by an active member. Anyone can request that an active member sponsor a family in need; however, the application must be presented by an active member. If you do not know an active member, contact the Selection Committee Chair and one will be assigned to you. 


Oilfield Helping Hands is an organization committed to helping oilfield families in need and the current weather and flooding woes are no different. OHH is ready to assist oilfield families in the Houston and surrounding areas as they rebuild their homes and lives. OHH board members are committed to quickly reviewing and processing funding requests from qualified applicants to help our fellow oilfield families get back to their normal lives in the wake of Harvey. OHH is here to help in this time of great need. For assistance in completing the application for assistance process, complete the following form to connect with an OHH Selection Committee member.

* Required

Applicant must work for one of our corporate members or live and/or work within one of the areas covered by an OHH Chapter
Applicant must have a minimum of five years work experience in the E&P sector of the energy industry and at least 75% of their income must have been derived from that employment. Employment will be verified.
Applicant must be in a crisis situation by no fault of their own.
Applicant must be sponsored by an Active OHH Member.

The Process

  1. Download an application for assistance below.
  2. With the guidance of an active member, complete the application and attach supporting documentation. If you do not know an active OHH member, please contact the chair of the selection committee (email on bottom of application) and someone will be assigned to you.
  3. Submit application and any supporting documentation to the Chair of the Selection Committee. The committee will review the application and vote whether to approve disbursement of funds.


OHH Application for Assistance OHH Application for Assistance (466 KB)